Sunday 5 January 2014

Mill Hill buttons and beads kits

I was delighted to receive another Mill Hill buttons and beads kit for Christmas from my mum.

It is called 'Joy to the World' and is very appropriate, because her name is Joy! This one is on a navy background which is new for me. All of my others have been on beige. These kits are actually worked on perforated paper which is quite unusual. I've got used to to now, but it was a bit different to start with. All of the cross stitch is completed first and then the beads are sewn on. The button is the final thing to be sewn on (otherwise the threads would catch on it). The photo shows my progress to date - mainly achieved while watching tennis and cricket on TV.

Below are photos of the other kits I have completed. The Toy Shop is my favourite.








No comments: