Sunday 4 December 2016

My Gingerbread Village

It's December and time to get out my Gingerbread Village again.  I love this collage showing how it's gradually grown over the past three years. In 2014 I had only made 4 buildings, and now I've got 6.


The Needlework Shop isn't going to be finished for Christmas 2016, but hopefully it will be ready for next Christmas.  I did finish the Quilt Shop this year, and I'm very happy with it.

You can read all about my Gingerbread Village on this tab on my blog and see close up photos of each of the buildings.  The patterns are beautifully designed by Thea Dueck of The Victoria Sampler in Canada.  If you're interested in these designs I recommend you sign up to Thea's newsletters because sometimes she offers Christmas specials.  

I'm off to put out my decorations now. Merry Christmas everyone. 

9 comments:

Jenny said...

They are beautiful, Wendy, and seem such a lot of work! But I'm sure you have enjoyed every stitch.

Susan said...

What a beautiful display Wendy! Happy Christmas to you too!

margaret said...

loving your village if you keep adding to it it will soon be a town!

Kunzfrau said...

Oh it's so nice your village! I like it!

Marion

sam said...

Your village is awesome. So inspiring. thank you for sharing.

Schulz Family said...

That is phenomenal. When I first saw the photo I though that it was food gingerbread and I wondered what you would do with so much. But this is stunning. Cross stitch and me do not go together. I love it and want to do it but I HATE following patterns to such minute detail. Really impressed with what you have done.

Anonymous said...

Amazing!

Wendy said...

they look wonderful all together. Happy Christmas

Tahra Smith said...

Beautiful. I am not patient enough for that kind of detail! I am fascinated that you are able to have such nice weather in December to take these photos outside. You must live in a more tropical environment. I'm surrounded by snow. Nice work!